NEM Russia trip to the Republic of Abkhazia
This article details the trip of the NEM Russia team to the Republic of Abkhazia.
Telegram NEM Abkhazia : https://t.me/NemAbkhazia
The initial trip to Abkhazia was a meeting between the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of the Republic of Abkhazia and the NEM Foundation which took place on June 26.
During the meeting, the following promising areas of cooperation were discussed:
● Creation of a platform for Ashana, the charity foundation of Abkhazia, to raise funds in cryptocurrencies (BTC, XEM, DASH, ETH, among others)
● Conducting review lectures on the NEM blockchain technology
● Use of blockchain technology to ensure the release of digitized diplomas in the Republic of Abkhazia
● Working out the use of the land register, studying the project Landstead
This meeting was attended by NEM Russia Head Klim Geran, Deputy Minister of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia Gulia Z.A, Deputy Minister of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia Tarba B.D, Director of the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia Gitsba IA, and Deputy Director of the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia Simon Agrba.
The development of new technologies in the Republic of Abkhazia provides an overcoming of the information barrier and allows attracting new investments, thereby popularizing the technology of blockchain.
The Republic of Abkhazia is interested in using blockchain technology and its cooperation with NEM Foundation is the first stage in creating projects in the nation.
NEM, which stands for New Economy Movement, is a platform that provides solutions for corporations to manage an approaching economy based on blockchain. It launched in 2015 and is registered in Singapore.
NEM offers a set of financial instruments, including the cryptocurrency XEM:
- The open network blockchain, Mainnet
- The private network, Mijin
- Test network, Testnet
The five main functions of NEM are:
- Multisignature account (multisig)
- Sending SWIFT messages
- Voting service
NEM Russia has a wide experience in the field of information technology, business, business processes, trade, international management, as well as in academic circles. The goal of NEM Russia is the introduction of the NEM blockchain technology, including training and promotion of the use of the NEM blockchain technology platform on an international scale for all industries and institutions.
Joint and near-term work plans
To solve problems in applying new technologies, NEM and the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of Economy will interact in such directions as:
● The organization of training and retraining of personnel, including the holding of trainings, seminars, conferences, presentations in the field of using blockchain technology. In addition, the parties agreed to develop joint innovation projects and conduct joint research.
On August 15, 2018, in the city of Sukhum, a Memorandum of Cooperation between the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia and NEM Foundation, represented by Inar Gitsba (@gosinvestagentstvo) and the NEM Foundation, represented by NEM Russia Head Klim Geran (@klimgeran).
The memorandum is aimed at developing cooperation in the field of studying and using blockchain technology.
On August 16, 2018, in Sukhum, a meeting between representatives of the cultural charity foundation Ashana (@fondashana) and the NEM Foundation (Klim Geran, @klimgeran) was held, with the support of the government of the Republic of Abkhazia, which kicked off a unique project.
On August 17, 2018, together with Ashana’s Media Relations and External Relations Manager
Ginjolia Maktina and Project Manager for Medical Programs and Social Assistance for Children Saida Khutaba, the NEM Russia team visited patients and met with a girl named Nicole. They brought her some presents, and it was clear that they made her happy. The team will continue to follow Nicole’s health and will give regular updates about the project.
NEM and Ashana will sign the memorandum in October 2018.
Ashana Cultural-Charitable Foundation is a nonprofit organization registered as a legal entity in Sukhum in 2008.
Objectives of Fund Ashana:
– collect funds for the treatment of seriously ill children living in the territory of Abkhazia;
– realize the potential of active, gifted, and educated youth as the most promising resource of the Abkhazian society;
– hold charitable programs and events aimed at promoting the spiritual development of youth in the areas of education, education, culture, and art;
– implementat socio-cultural, scientific, educational, and other charitable programs and projects, among others
The beginning of implementation of mutual agreements will be the socially-oriented project in conjunction with the cultural charitable foundation Ashana.
Within the framework of these intentions, an English-language Internet resource will be created to raise funds in cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency, like ordinary money, can be used in good deeds and to help sick children from anywhere in the world.
This is the first such project in the world, where cryptocurrency becomes a charitable aid tool with the support of the platform NEM.
Returning to the issue of the prospects for the implementation of the Memorandum between the State Investment Agency under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Abkhazia and NEM, we expect, as a result, to obtain a verified product that, in the long term, will serve as an additional instrument for strengthening and modernizing the financial sector, public administration, education, medicine, and other areas of life in the Republic of Abkhazia.